Job Title: Waste Team Leader
Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are recruiting for a hands on Waste Team Leader to work within our client’s waste department in Wirral, Merseyside.
- The Team Leader will be required to co-ordinate the collection of materials for disposal and recycling
- To ensure the site has zero waste to landfill and increase recycling rates
- To act as central point of contact for waste and recycling queries and advice
- To manage the waste operatives to ensure all shifts are covered and waste segregations is carried out.
- Ensure that maximum recycling costs are achieved form waste streams
- Manage systems of work to ensure fluid operation of all tasks
- To ensure that the above activities are conducted in compliance in compliance with relevant waste legislation and health and safety standards
- Ensure accurately record waste; by weight, department and waste stream, as directed by the Manager
- To maintain full communication with CSM production management at all times regarding waste handling requirements, to agree standard, as directed by the Manager
- To attend CSM meetings that is relevant to the performance of the waste contract
- To ensure all operatives comply with the GMP regulations and personal hygiene rules
- To ensure correct materials, equipment and methods are used at all times and equipment is kept clean and in good working order. Report faulty machinery / equipment immediately. Carry out corrective action or investigations.
- Ensure company provided uniform is kept clean and tidy and is worn at all times while at work by all operatives
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with CSM and adhere to all site rules and regulations
- Attend training as required by your manager
- Report all accidents and dangerous occurrences to your manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- Computer literature - Excel and Word
- Understanding of Spreadsheets
- FLT counter balance licence
- Understanding of waste management
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Excellent communication skills
The shifts will be rotational, working 10am – 6pm (Tuesday – Saturday) and 10pm – 6am (Monday – Friday).
The rate of pay is £10.50 per hour.
If you feel like you could be a success in this role then please apply now!
Expiry Date: 13/06/2017