Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Description: Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are continuously looking for Laboratory Technicians to join our client’s busy site based in Annesley, Nottinghamshire.
As a Laboratory Technician you will need to be able to fully support the department and have acquired the knowledge and the experience to understand the routine work undertaken.
The main duties of the role will include:
The successful candidate will be:
- Carrying out routine analysis on production components without supervision
- Carrying out other non-routine analysis as requested by the Laboratory Manager or Shift Leaders without supervision
- Signing out and controlling batches with non-conformance issues
- Identifying and resolving simple issues within the department
- Recognising where major anomalies and trends have developed and escalating them to the relevant personnel
- Having a thorough awareness of laboratory protocols and applicable Health & Safety requirements and identifying areas for improvement
- Contributing towards the team-working ethos of the lab and TSTL
- Operating, maintaining and troubleshooting simple issues on some equipment and computer systems in the Laboratory
- Liaising with other personnel and departments internally
- Having the ability to prioritise own workload in accordance with production requirements
- Giving guidance and instructions to Laboratory staff members
The applicant will need to have a minimum of 2-3 years’ prior experience in a relevant Laboratory environment or a similar background.
- Able to develop themselves to be an effective team member
- Able to plan work coupled with the drive and tenacity to see it through to completion
- Able to build effective working relationships at all levels within the organisation and have good interpersonal skills
- Excellent at communicating and have a high level of attention to detail
It would also be ideal to have qualifications or experience in Metallurgy or Materials Science.
The hours of work will be continental shift patterns:
The rate of pay will start at £8.38 per hour with a shift allowance of 15%, once fully trained the pay will rise to £9.18 per hour with a shift allowance of 33.3%.
- 3 day shifts working 6am – 6pm
- 3 shifts off
- 3 night shifts working 6pm – 6am
Expiry Date: 21/06/2017