Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Location: Severn Beach
Description: Staffline are recruiting for Warehouse Operatives to work at our client’s busy distribution site based in the Avonmouth area.
Main duties of the role:
Successful candidates will ideally have some experience of working within a fast paced production environment, however this is not essential as full training will be provided. Candidates must also be flexible in their approach to working hours, as they will be required to work weekends.
- Using manual handling equipment within a large chilled warehouse to pick a variety of fresh produce - ranging from fresh vegetables, dairy products, desserts etc.
- Operating both manual and electrical pallet trucks and stacking items into roll cages, guided by digital wrist mounted computers and trigger scanners.
- Other duties may include loading and unloading and site hygiene.
Candidates will start on a temporary contract, however the successful completion of the training period may result in a permanent employment contract.
Hours of work:
The nature of our business means that working days and start, finish and break times will differ from one assignment to the next. Candidates will be notified of the hours of work and the pay applicable to any assignment in advance of the starting.
Hours can often change at short notice, and our client will expect you to be flexible, though any overtime is purely voluntary.
Normal hours of work vary from site to site and are generally based on a 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am static shift pattern.
The pay rate for this role varies depending on the shift worked, below are the on-target pay rates:
• Monday to Friday Days from £7.60 - £8.60 per hour
• Monday to Friday Nights from £8.36 - £9.46 per hour
• Weekend Days from £8.36 - £9.46 per hour
• Weekend Nights from £8.74 - £9.89 per hour
Weekend premiums and overtime hours and rates are also available.
If you wish to apply for this position please call us on 01454 633719.
Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Expiry Date: 07/06/2017