Job Title: Warehouse Operatives
Description: Staffline are recruiting for Warehouse Operatives to join us at our client’s busy distribution warehouse, based in Southampton.
Main duties of the role:
Successful candidates will ideally have some experience of working within a fast paced production environment, however this is not essential as full training will be provided. Candidates must also be flexible in their approach to working hours, as they will be required to work weekends.
- Using manual handling equipment within a large chilled warehouse to pick a variety of fresh produce - ranging from fresh vegetables, dairy products, desserts etc.
- Operating both manual and electrical pallet trucks and stacking items into roll cages, guided by digital wrist mounted computers and trigger scanners.
- Other duties may include loading and unloading and site hygiene.
This a temporary position, however should the candidate demonstrate the right attributes, permanent opportunities may be available.
Night shifts are fixed and the day shifts are rotating - times can vary depending on the needs of the business. A guideline of the hours available are 6.00am - 4.00pm and 2.00pm - 11.00pm for day shifts or 10.00pm - 6.00am for night shifts. Candidates will work any 5 days from 7, including weekends and bank holidays.
The pay rate for this role varies depending on the shift worked, below are the on-target pay rates:
• Monday to Friday Days from £8.10 - £8.50 per hour
• Monday to Friday Nights from £8.91 - £9.35 per hour
• Weekend Days from £8.91 - £9.35 per hour
• Weekend Nights from £9.32 - £9.78 per hour
Weekend premiums and overtime hours and rates are also available.
If you wish to apply for this position please call us on 01858 412767.
Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Expiry Date: 29/06/2018