Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Our client, a large food manufacturer based in the Ellesmere area is continuously looking for Quality Assurance Technician to join their growing team in their chilled food environment of busy meat processing facility. There will be full training provided onsite by Client.
Reporting to the Line Leader, the main tasks of the role include;
- Ensuring quality and checks are carried out to agreed procedures and schedules, and ensuring all paperwork is filled out correctly.
- Ensure all products are labelled to specification and meet legal requirements.
- Check all information required on sheets.
- Other duties may include work area and site housekeeping, and any other reasonable requests from your Line Manager/Team Leader.
- Must adhere to ABP hygiene practices and safe food production.
- May need to carry out additional duties as requested by managers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be flexible in all site working areas (as trained)
- To maintain high standards of personal hygiene and presentation during working hours, wearing the Company PPE correctly at all times
- Produce each product to specification
- Assist with safe-working practices, halting any unsafe working practices
- To ensure that all areas of training in basic food hygiene, health and safety and product quality are adhered to
- To comply with the company rules and basic hygiene standards at all times
- To ensure that photographic standards are adhered to and that customer specifications are followed
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of the factory and unit
- To meet targets set by management and the customer, i.e. productivity, quality, hygiene and waste
- To work as part of a team and effectively communicate with all colleagues, supervisors and management
- Ensure the health and safety of yourself and others at all times
Pay rate: For under 25s £6.95, over 25s £7.20, after 12 weeks probation period the pay rate is increased to £8.28.
As from the 1st April 2017 employees over the age of 25 and not in the first year of an Apprenticeship will be paid a minimum of £7.50 per hour based on the New National Living Wage
If you feel you can be a success in this role please apply!
Expiry Date: 09/06/2017