Job Title: Quality Assurance Operative
Description: Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are recruiting for Quality Assurance Operatives to work at our client’s busy site based in Bristol.
As a Quality Assurance Operative the main duties of the role will include:
Skills and Experience:
- Ensuring all products have been manufactured correctly, are fully traceable and meet legal and consumer requirements
- Ensuring all products manufactured on site meet and exceed the Company standards by monitoring the product, process and the accuracy of quality and food safety checks completed by operatives
- Developing a thorough understanding of the factory operating standards e.g. Hygiene, Housekeeping, and Specific Handling Requirements which collectively ensure product safety, quality and legality
- Inspecting raw materials against specifications at intake, following the on-site procedure
- Ensuring that all the products that do not meet site specifications are dealt with correctly and any such instances are documented.
- Inspecting incoming ingredients as required by internal schedules and procedures
- Conducting investigations on an ad hoc basis, in response to internal and customer raised issues
- Retrieving relevant sampling results from the database and liaise with the Direct Manager or the Technical Manager to agree necessary follow-up actions
- Checking and filing all paperwork
- Supporting the Technical Team with traceability exercises when required
- Maintaining impartiality, independence and technical integrity during all factory inspections and assessments of ingredient and product quality e.g. concessions.
- Communicating effectively with the Technical Coordinator, Technical Manager and all members of the site teams to ensure that food safety/quality issues are escalated where necessary
- Ensuring all tasks set up by the Technical Coordinator are completed on time
The hours of work available are 6am – 2.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Previous experience in FMCG, Manufacturing or an Engineering related role in Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of food safety legislation, quality processes and HACCP.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good commercial awareness and decision making ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate food hygiene certificate is desirable
- The desire to achieve excellence and a passion for quality
The rate of pay will be £8.87 per hour.
If you feel that you will be a success in this role please apply!
Expiry Date: 28/06/2018