Job Title: Machine Operator
Description: Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
We are consistently looking for Machine Operators to join our client’s busy factory processing premises in Tarleton.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
The candidate will also be responsible for performing the following quality checks:
- Programing machines using keyboard and terminal for the correct size, weight, codes and dates for each bag produced and run.
- Verifying set up of machine; verify that the machine has been properly put back together from the hygiene team along with the scales and their proper function.
- Maintaining a clean and organised working environment, practise GMP at all times
- Ensuring that the products are safe and meet and exceed the customer specification.
- Communicating quality issues of raw product or finished goods to the appropriate personnel.
- Machine set up, general machine operation and change overs, start up checks, changeover procedure and efficiency sheets.
- Completion of all paperwork including, but not limited to, dump logs, chemical logs, downtime logs, blade inspection sheets and line staffing sheets.
- Follow and complete the daily production schedule, including changes that may occur during the course of the day.
- Report and record hourly production updates.
- Percent oxygen testing (salad plant only)
- Cut quality and blend ratio evaluation
- Total volume testing (salad plant only)
- Package weight monitoring
- Seal integrity (leak testing)
- Finished packaging temperature monitoring
- Code date verification
- Bar code readability verification
- Documentation of all results and actions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Other Desired Qualifications/Skills:
- Basic mechanical and mathematical skills.
- Possess the ability to write routine reports.
- Be capable of meeting all required testing frequencies (detailed, fast-paced work).
- Be capable of operating measuring instruments, such as the weight scale and thermometer.
- Be capable of performing basic mathematical calculations and use a calculator.
- Able to lift 10kg.
- Stand for the duration of the shift (8hours or more).
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge working on Ilapak, Ishida and Proseal machines.
- Bagger operation experience.
- Some PLC/Electronics knowledge.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Experience meeting or exceeding high production expectations.
- Fresh food industry experience.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Past experience working in a cool environment.
- Self-motivated individual who requires minimal supervision and direction.
The working hours for this role are 5am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.
Candidates are expected to be flexible as they may need to work 6 consecutive days, overtime, weekends and any other times as reasonably required by the company.Pay rate will be £7.20 per hour but could be more depending on experience.
As from the 1st April 2017 employees over the age of 25 and not in
the first year of an Apprenticeship will be paid a minimum of £7.50 per
hour based on the New National Living Wage.
If you feel like you could be successful in this role apply now!
Expiry Date: 08/06/2017