Job Title: Butcher/Trimmer
Description: Staffline is one of the UK's leading recruitment companies, helping to find work for thousands of people on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy great benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Our client, a large food manufacturer based in the Ellesmere area is continuously looking for Butcher/Trimmers to join their growing team in their Boning Hall
Responsible to: Departmental Manager / Supervisor
Responsible for: Working in an efficient & effective manner to help achieve to Company Mission Statement.
Previous experience is essential.
- To ensure all tasks are as per training given.
- To identify training needs and opportunities to refine and improve working methods and bring them to the attention of the B.Hall supervisor.
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with regard to health and safety and food safety.
- To ensure that were PPE is provided for any of the above tasks, that this is correctly worn/used, maintained and any defects reported to the relevant key colleagues.
- To ensure that all product is boned out/trimmed to meet customer/company specifications to order, whilst also maximizing yield and minimizing waste.
- To work as part of a team, assisting less experienced staff with training.
- To have a flexible approach to workloads/hours to ensure agreed throughput and yield targets are met.
- To daily check operation of machinery and equipment and report to the B.Hall supervisor any problems or defects.
- Adhere to Company hygiene practices & safe food production.
- To comply with health & safety rules, to prevent / minimise the risk of accidents.
- Attend appropriate team meetings as required by the manager.
- To participate in training, in accordance with your personal training plan and where required in the training of others.
- Carry out any additional duties that may be reasonably requested by the manager.
Fixed day shifts available with a pay rate of £7.20 per hour
As from the 1st April 2017 employees over the age of 25 and not in the first year of an Apprenticeship will be paid a minimum of £7.50 per hour based on the New National Living Wage
If you feel you can be a success in this role please apply!
Expiry Date: 09/06/2017